2014: Avenue of Flags
This is a beautiful display of 110 American flags which will line State Street from I-94 to the south entrance of the N.D. State Capitol from dawn to dusk on these patriotic holidays: Memorial Day, Flag Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, and Veteran's Day.
Please consider an annual Avenue of Flags sponsorship!
A Special Thank to our 2014 Avenue of Flags Sponsors:
new sponsors this year:
* Tim & Anne Herman *Bismarck-Mandan Retired Teacher's Association *
* Loren & Mary Larson * Roger & Esther Anderson * Comfort Inn *
* Eide Bailly LLP * Tom & Donna Miller * Kathy Odegaard *
* North Dakota Guaranty & Title Co.* Miss ND Scholarship Organization *
* Russ Harkness * Roots Boutique & Salon * Wally & Betty Owen *
* Dakota Supply Group * Heringer Dentistry *
* Dakota Community Bank *
renewed 2013 & 2014 sponsors:
* Adjust Life Chiropractic * American Bank Center *
*Ameriprise Financial - Joel L. Bird, CFP,CRPC * Arrow Service Team *
* Basin Electric Power Cooperative * BEK Communications *
* Bismarck Motor Company * BNC National Bank * BNI Coal Ltd. *
* Butcher Block Meats * Capital City Construction, Inc
* Capital Electric Cooperative * Century 21 Landmark Realty *
* Century 21 Morrison Realty * Charlie and Julie Jeske *
* Chiropractic CareCenter, PC * Dakota Community Bank-S 7th Street *
* Dakota Community Bank-State Street * Dakota Fence *
* Dan Seifert Ins Agency * Daniel Companies * David, Patty, & Hannah Flohr * Duane's Body Shop * Edgewood Vista * eLendingNow *
* First Community Credit Union * Gate City Bank * Grand Theatres *
* Great River Energy * Hasche Properties * JJ Arndt Family *
* Jon Martinson *Karen & Mert Johnsrud * Kupper Automotive *
* Lahr Agency LLC * Mainstay Suites * Maixner Team, Inc *
* Montana-Dakota Utilities Co *Mor-Gran-Sou Electric Cooperative, Inc *
* Mr. Charles F. Iten * NISC * Northland Financial *
* Pathways Chiropractic & Wellness * Patrick & Doreen Brown *
* Perfection Plus Auto Detailing * Ron & Arlene Volk *
* Schweigert, Klemin, & McBride, PC * Steve Vaughan * Sylvia Burgess *
* Tonya and Shane Holmstrom *
The Optimist Creed
To be so strong that nothing can disturb your piece of mind.
To talk health, happiness and prosperity to every person you meet.
To make all your friends feel that there is something in them.
To look at the sunny side of everything and make your optimism come true.
To think only of the best, to work only for the best and to expect only the best.
To forget the mistakes of the past and press on to the greater achievements of the future.
To wear a cheerful countenance at all times and greet every living creature you meet a smile.
To give so much time to the improvement of yourself that you have no time to criticize others.
To be too large for worry, too noble for anger, too strong for fear, and too happy to permit the presence of trouble.